Let’s start the cooking, shall we?!?!?
Garden Veggie Stuffed Pita Pockets (Eat Clean Diet Cookbook 2, Tosca Reno)
These were very easy to make! I made all of the components ahead of time to take with us to the ballgame yesterday. Unfortunately we were stopped from enjoying our delicious clean eats by a security guard. There is no “tailgating” allowed in the Camden Yards parking area. So I had my treat for the week and ate stadium food instead….which is another post in the making.
I postponed my Veggie Stuffed Pitas till lunch today and let me tell you THEY ARE DELICIOUS especially on a hot summer day! Any way…here we go…
*Note: Yogurt Cheese and Zesty Hummus must be made ahead of time.
• 1 whole wheat pita, about 6 inches in diameter
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml Zesty Hummus
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml Yogurt Cheese
• ¼ cup / 60 ml shredded or grated carrot
• ¼ cup / 60 ml sliced mushrooms
• ¼ cup / 60 ml sliced radishes
• ¼ cup / 60 ml deli sprouts (such as clover, lentil, radish or fenugreek)
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml unsalted sunflower seeds
- Cut pita in half. Divide hummus between two pita halves and spread on inside of each. Repeat with Yogurt Cheese.
- Divide veggies between two pita halves and stuff inside each. Sprinkle sunflower seeds inside each pita half. Serve immediately, or wrap up and take to go!